A Brilliant Zinger




With the voting concluded and the induction ceremony looming you would think any 'stiff-competition' & 'drama' behind the Radio Hall of Fame inductions would be thoroughly ceased. Wait a minute, what am I saying? Competition and drama... surrounding the Radio Hall of Fame???












Up until this very moment I had been torn between what I thought were two terrific contenders: Carl Kasell of NPR & the infamous Howard Stern. Love him or hate him, Stern has had a tremendous impact in the industry & at the ridicule of many I always supported his shock jock tendencies as it not only re-invigorated the industry & brought attention back to a dying breed... it unarguably WORKED and attained the ultimate goal of any broadcaster; gained listeners.

Ultimately, I myself gravitated toward Carl Kasell (for what some would say obvious reasons) in sheer regards for his years of experience & service, respectability and overall career notoriety. I never could have anticipated any kind of 'rivalry' between such unlikely (and expectantly mutually dignified) impassioned personalities.

Then, this happened:


Carl Kassell responds to Howard Stern from WBEZ on Vimeo.

A beautiful zing if I ever witnessed one. I guess this is why every week I look forward to 'Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me" (previously every day to Morning Edition) and have yet to purchase a satellite radio. Oh, and I guess why there was a crystal clear winner. Congratulations Carl and thank you for all of your years of service. You are a gentleman and a true inspiration.
http://www.radiohof.org/